What You'll Find Here
- Key facts
- Screenshots, our Logo, and GIFs/Videos for your review
- Who we are
- The best features of Niagara Launcher
- From flashlight to home screen: The story behind Niagara Launcher's development process
- Creator: Peter Huber, Co-developer: Max Rumpf
- Public Early Access release date: Aug 30, 2018; Release date of v1: Feb 02, 2021
- Niagara Launcher is a free, modern, + minimalist Android home screen optimized for one-handed access and staying focused.
- Niagara Pro is our in-app upgrade and costs around 6€ / 6$ / 100₹ per year (price varies by country; there's also a one-time purchase option; full details here). We went for a transparent and sustainable business model to provide long-term support and frequent refinements; more about that here.
- Website: www.niagaralauncher.app
- Our Medium blog: https://medium.com/niagara-launcher
- Contact us via mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter (@NiagaraLauncher)
Download Screenshots, GIFs/Videos & Our Logo
Click here to download our assets via Google Drive. Feel free to use them for/in your review for Niagara Launcher.
Who Are We?
Hey, I'm Peter, a 22-year-old student living in Germany and Niagara Launcher's creator. I started this project in 2016 as I was unhappy that phones grew bigger, but my home screen stayed the same. Reaching for my apps wasn't fun anymore. I am so happy that my hobby resonated with Android launcher enthusiasts. With Niagara Launcher's community's help, I could hire Max, my friend I met at university, as my codeveloper and founded a small indie studio.
The traditional home screen we know was made more than a decade ago, where phone screens were smaller than your credit card. Smartphones keep growing, but not your fingers. The minimalist Niagara Launcher makes everything accessible with one hand and lets you focus on what matters.
- ✋ Ergonomic efficiency: Access everything with one hand - no matter how big your phone is.
- 🌊 Adaptive list: In contrast to a rigid grid layout, Niagara Launcher's list adapts to your needs: Media player, incoming messages, or calendar events - everything pops in when it needs to.
- 🏄 Wave Alphabet: Efficiently reach every app without even having to open an app drawer. The wave animation does not only feel satisfying but also helps you navigate your phone with just one hand.
- 💬 Embedded Notifications: Not just notification dots: Read and respond to notifications right from your home screen.
- 🎯 Focus on what matters: The streamlined & simple design declutters your home screen and reduces distractions.
- 🌻 Simple by design: We strongly care about building an easy to use and clean interface. Therefore we established four design principles.
- ⛔ Ad-free: A clean launcher with ads doesn't make sense. Even the free version is completely ad-free.
- 📆 Plan your day: Full access to the inbuilt calendar agenda & weather forecast.
- 📁 Organize your Home Screen with Pop-ups: Pop-ups are a more versatile version of folders and help you organizing and tidying up your home screen. They can contain apps, shortcuts, notifications, and even widgets.
- 🦄 Make it your own: Apply your own fonts, and go minimal with the inbuilt Niagara Dots icon pack.
- 🔍 Supercharged search with Sesame: Deep integration for the popular Sesame app.
- 🎁 There's more: You can find a list of all premium features here.
- 🔮 This is just the beginning: We're working on tools to optimize your phone usage & reduce distractions.
Niagara Pro is our in-app upgrade and costs around 6€ / 6$ / 100₹ per year (price varies by country; there's also a one-time purchase option; full details here). We went for a transparent and sustainable business model to provide long-term support and frequent refinements; more about that here.
History of Niagara LauncherFrom Flashlight to Home Screen
The Story behind Niagara Launcher's Development Process
You can read our story on our Medium blog.