How To Request a Feature / Report a Bug
First of all, thank you for your interest and support :) We have a couple of guidelines for requesting a feature / reporting a bug; please read them before submitting one. If you're reporting a bug, you can skip steps 1 and 2 and 4.
1. Be prepared that your request is getting rejected
It's not that we don't care about improving the launcher or want to be mean. Our topmost priority is to keep Niagara Launcher simple, even if that means sacrificing a bit of customizability or even functionality; here's why. We especially suggest reading this guide if you want to request a feature that can be toggled on and off. We also don't want to set false expectations.
2. No customization options
This request category refers to features that optionally change the launcher's appearance (e.g., color, position, alignment, or size) for aesthetic reasons. We try to balance simplicity and customizability and are currently focusing more on productivity and wellbeing.
3. Check if the idea/bug has already been requested/reported.
Please read each headline of these articles for the most popular feature requests to make sure you're not submitting a duplicate.
4. Ask in our community first
[Optional] Our community can often give you an immediate answer to your questions, and our moderators have a good sense of features likely to be implemented. You can choose between Discord, Telegram, Reddit, and Mail (email@example.com).
5. Do not group several requests into one ticket.
Every issue should have exactly one bug/feature request described in it.
6. Prefer GitHub for submitting requests
- We're using GitHub as a public issue tracker where you can submit an issue for each request and bug report.
- The tracker is not meant to be used for urgent matters; it can take several weeks until you get a response on GitHub. Please refer to our communities/mail for that instead.
- If you don't want to create a GitHub account to submit an issue, you can also ask our community to have the request submitted for you.