Request a Feature
How to request a feature / file a bug report
First of all, thank you for your support :) There are two important steps to go through before submitting a feature request:
1. Check if it has already been requested
Because we're getting a lot of duplicate issues, please search if there's an article about your request on this side and on our issue tracker on GitHub.
2. Think about whether your requests fits Niagara Launcher
An addition to Niagara Launcher should be…
- Simple: Easy to configure and easy to use. As few settings & toggles as possible.
- Impactful: Either appealing for many or necessary for some.
- Universal: Has to work everywhere: in every country, on all phones.
- Independent: Doesn’t add complexity if it’s not being used.
Why is that? It’s tempting to implement all feature requests as fast as possible, but that can mess up an app pretty quickly. You lose control of designing good user experience. Think of a combination tree: If you add ten settings that can be toggled on or off for example, the user can choose between 1024 states, depending on which settings she turns on. Niagara Launcher should feel polished regardless of the user’s settings, every switch makes the overall experience harder to maintain. To counteract this, we came up with these four criteria every new feature of Niagara Launcher should meet.
3. Submit a ticket on GitHub
Here is the link to Niagara's GitHub site. Alternatively, you can also write us at email@example.com. Please write in English.