How To Request a Feature / Report a Bug
First of all, thank you for your interest and support :) We have a couple of guidelines for requesting a feature / reporting a bug; please read them before submitting one. If you're reporting a bug, you can skip the first two steps.
1. Be prepared that your request is getting rejected
It's not that we don't care about improving the launcher or want to be mean. Our top priority is keeping Niagara Launcher simple, even if that means sacrificing a bit of customizability or functionality; here's why. We especially suggest reading this guide if you want to request a feature that can be toggled on and off. We also don't want to set false expectations.
2. No customization options
This request category refers to features that optionally change the launcher's appearance (e.g., color, position, alignment, or size) for aesthetic reasons. We try to balance simplicity and customizability and are currently focusing more on productivity and wellbeing.
3. Check if the idea/bug has already been requested/reported
Please read each headline of these articles for the most popular feature requests to make sure you're not submitting a duplicate.
4. Do not group several requests into one ticket
Every issue should have precisely one bug/feature request described in it.
5. Prefer GitHub for submitting requests
- We're using GitHub as a public issue tracker where you can submit an issue for each request and bug report.
- If you want to avoid creating a GitHub account to submit an issue, you can also ask our community to have the request submitted for you.